June 20-26, 2023
30 French films and co-productions have been selected for the 29th edition of the Palm Springs International ShortFest.
The Palm Springs International ShortFest is set to return from June 20-26 with in-person screenings at the Camelot Theatres. The ShortFest Forum will also return with classes and panels featuring industry representatives, filmmakers and additional guests.
Awards and cash prizes, including five Academy Award-qualifying awards, will be announced on Sunday, June 25 and the Best of the Fest shorts will screen on the final day, Monday, June 26.
Designated by AMPAS, BAFTA, BIFA and Goya Awards as an award-qualifying festival, and accredited by the International Short Film Conference, the Palm Springs International ShortFest & Short Film Market is one of the most acclaimed short film showcases in the world.
French films screening this year include:
- Almost Fall by Margot Pouppeville*
- Burial of Life as a Young Girl by Maïté Sonnet
- Calcutta 8:40 am by Adriano Valerio
- Christopher at Sea by Tom C J Brown
- Discussion animée entre entendeurs de voix by Tristan Thil
- Ecstatic Thing by Benjamin Nuel
- Gertrude and Yvan Party Hard by Louise Groult
- Hot Rod by Juliette Gilot
- Idiot Fish by Hakim Mao
- Matapang by Lea-Jade Horlier
- Meantime by Guillaume Scaillet*
- On My Father’s Grave by Jawahine Zentar
- Queen of Pain by Cyril Carbonne*
- SCRED TBM by Kevin Le Dortz
- Sèt Lam by Vincent Fontano*
- Shadow of the Butterflies by Sofia El Khyari
- Swing to the Moon by Marie Bordessoule, Adriana Bouissie, Nadeine de Boer, Elisa Drique, Cloé Lauzu, Vincent Levrero, Solenne Moreau
- Underdog by David Arlsanian
*Movie screened in the presence of the director
For more information about the festival and the program, please click here.