By French Culture Team
North America is an essential territory for French video game professionals. In 2019, the North American video game market generated around $ 40 billion in revenue (+ 12% compared to 2018), making it the second largest video game market in the world, after the Asian Pacific region.
The Cultural Services of the French Embassy in the United States, the French Embassy in Canada and the Consulate General of France in Quebec have worked to identify the main players in video games in these territories. This map presents more than 300 actors, divided into seven categories:
- studios and publishers,
- universities and training players,
- NGOs and public institutions,
- software / hardware companies,
- cultural places,
- incubators and collaborative spaces.
The mapping is available by clicking here.
To access the lists of the different actors according to the territories, click here.
To find out more about video games in the United States, Canada and Quebec:
- The video game ecosystem in the United States
- The video game ecosystem in Canada
- The video game ecosystem in Quebec
For any information request:
- Emma Buttin – TV, New Media and VR program officer (United States) email@example.com
- Nicolas Piccato – Cultural and audiovisual cooperation attaché (Canada) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gaëtan Pellan – Cultural Attaché (Quebec) email@example.com
Thanks to our partners: