Announcing the Season 2 Resident Selection Juries
The Season 2 call for applications was open to francophone creatives of all nationalities from October 2021 to January 2022. The first round of finalists was selected by local expert committees in each of Villa Albertine’s 10 cities. The international jury will select residents from among this finalist pool. On June 27, Villa Albertine will announce all 70 of the incoming residents, 40 of which will pursue their project in one city, 20 will embark on nomadic residencies across several cities, and 10 will collaborate on a group project within the same discipline.
Discover the 40+ local cultural experts who took part in one of the 10 local juries, including Jeanne Gang, Founder and Principal of Studio Gang, Fahamu Pecou, artist and founder of the African Diaspora Art Museum of Atlanta (ADAMA), and Michelle Boone, President of the Poetry Foundation.
The final selection jury for Villa Albertine’s 2023 residency program comprises the following members:
- Nonny De la Peña, Founder and CEO of Emblematic Group and Founding Director of the Narrative and Emerging Media Program at Arizona State University
- Gina Duncan, President of BAM
- Dawn Hudson, CEO of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Laurent Le Bon, President of the Centre Pompidou
- Glenn D. Lowry, David Rockefeller Director of the Museum of Modern Art, New York
- Marie-Cécile Zinsou, President of the Zinsou Foundation and President of the Administrative Council of Villa Medici
The jury is chaired by Gaëtan Bruel, Director of Villa Albertine.