Social Media Producer - New York
The Cultural Services of the French Embassy promotes the best of French arts, literature, cinema, digital innovation, language, and higher education across the US. Based in New York City, Washington D.C., and eight other cities across the country, the Cultural Services brings artists, authors, intellectuals, and innovators to cities nationwide. It also builds partnerships between French and American artists, institutions and universities on both sides of the Atlantic. In 2021, it launched a new cultural institution, Villa Albertine, that is creating a network for arts and ideas spanning France and the United States. In New York, through its bookshop Albertine, it fosters French-American exchange around literature and the arts.
The Social Media Producer creates and distributes relevant and impactful content through the Cultural Services’ 10+ social media platforms. Their responsibilities involve presenting ideas that can be developed into relevant stories and writing and editing content that they post.
The Social Media producer creates both written and visual content, which may entail filming video, editing video or editing photographs, images, or graphics that are being used in their posts and adjacent communication tools (websites, emails). Their work also entails frequent liaising with external vendors, brands and/or influencers to create visual and written content for these purposes.
The Social Media Producer maintains a content calendar and communicates with staff across offices and departments to collect material and information to be used in posts. They also occasionally host live video interviews.
They are specifically responsible for understanding their audience, monitoring breaking news, quickly responding to developments, producing posts, applying new trends while maintaining brand integrity, and providing content that will appeal to the target audience. One of their main objectives is to increase website and social media traffic by reaching a wider audience with their material. Social media producers use their expertise with providing timely, relevant material to attract these viewers.
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience managing social media accounts for institutions or brands, ideally in the cultural or nonprofit sector
- Skilled at integrating new social media trends while maintaining brand integrity
- Intimate knowledge of the social media landscape and intricacies of most-used platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Existing relationships with relevant influencers and social media mangers at cultural institutions is a plus
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Video, photo editing, and graphic design skills sufficient for professional social media content production
- Knowledge of Canva, Sprout Social, video editing software, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Creative and innovative
- Excellent team player; personable
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Responsible and conscientious with great judgment and discretion
- Keen interest in French arts, culture, language, and education landscape
- French (reading, speaking, writing): Advanced or Bilingual
- English (reading, speaking, writing): Bilingual or Native speaker
Eligibility, Salary, and Benefits
- This is a full-time (40 hours/week), in-person position at the picturesque Payne Whitney Mansion on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, located at 972 Fifth Avenue (at 79th Street).
- The annual salary is $60,576 ($5,048/month), plus a monthly transportation stipend of $120.
- Employees are granted 25 vacation days per year plus 12 overtime compensation days, totaling to 37 days off (7+ weeks). Please expect to work occasionally in evenings and on weekends.
Candidates must have American citizenship, a Green Card, or a work permit (pending a Green Card). Only applicants meeting these conditions will be considered.
Please send (in English) a cover letter, CV, and 3-5 links to relevant content you have produced (with information on engagement and any quantitative measures of success) in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Social Media Producer Application” in the subject line.
Deadline for application: Monday, October 10, 2022.